Positive & Transparent

March 28, 2011  
After having my new persona almost fly off the page at me yesterday, I thought I'd dig around the dictionary some more. Yup, I live life on the wild side. This is what I found:
Chroma

The purity of a colour, or it's freedom from white or gray
(as mentioned yesterday).

The intensity of a distinctive hue, ie the saturation of a colour.

Chrome

(In photography) A positive colour transparency.

I like that last one.  Positive and transparent.  When you blog, it's hard to know where to draw the line.  Privacy vs Community?  Omissions vs Authenticity? Some of my very favourite bloggers ever have gone the road of authenticity over personal embarrassment, opening up about family struggles instead of hiding behind a "Little Suzie HomeBlogger" character. They might cuss like a sailor (I'm looking at you, Magneto Bold Too!), they might have walked down roads I can't even begin to imagine (Moosh In Indy) and they may even do strange things to certain parts of their body (*coughRedneckMommycough*), but we love them dearly because they are raw, honest souls, and that's a rare commodity in the world these days. We triumph and commiserate with these lovely ladies because we can see something of who we want to be on their pages.

So.  Real and authentic. Are you guys ready for this?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...