April Fool's Day Can Bite Me

April 1, 2011  
I woke up this morning feeling like ninjas had injected flu goop through my eyeballs and into my sinuses while I slept. I want to sew and cut and create today but I have a slightly-more-than-sneaking suspicion that I'll be alternating between blowing my nose violently until my ears bleed and dropping comatose onto the couch (although the upside to being sick is that I get to visit with Mr Darcy, my standard 'feel good go-to')  Thank God the kids are in school, or they'd be eating gruel for lunch.

I'm not a good patient.  I think that's because I'm rarely sick and tend to spent my winter months playing nursemaid to the four other people who live in this house and eat my food. In the past week alone I've had one kid off school for three days with a cough that could rival any chain-smoking biker, and another kid away for one day with a migraine that set off a fever and vomiting (or was it the fever that set off the migraine? Or the vomiting that set off the fever? Aughh, who can tell?) And the way things work around here, I calculate I have approximately four hours until DH begins planning his own funeral due to complications following a Man Cold.

So yeah.  April Fool's on me.

I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a bucket of hot tea now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...