Return Of The Man Cold

April 5, 2011  
It's April, and for those down in southern Australia, it signals the beginning of the truly cool weather as winter guns it's engine and prepares to catapult us into the scariest stretch of the year of all - THE FLU SEASON.

Dum-dum-daaaaaah......

I would like to say that come wintertime I am blessed with ample opportunity for joyful wifely service in the care and nurturing of my dear, lovely husband when he takes ill (which he is prone to do, two or three times a season).  I would like to say that, but I can't.  Because this is him:


This just doesn't get old for me :)

And then I remembered something I'd written a few years back, during The Man Cold of '07...

(*sung to the tune of "Good King Wenceslas" - don't ask me why I thought of this in April!)
Good wives all around the world
Prepare yourselves for cleaning
When the bowls lay all about
Waiting for the heaving
Brightly shone the bathroom light
Though the air was fo-ul
"Honey, can you come here quick, I think I need a to-ow-el!"

Some will come but most will run

You look like Death on To-oast
With bloodshot eyes and dripping nose
Don’t try to play the ho-ost
Broadly grinned the wise doctor
His pockets lined with go-old
And you’ll be wishing for the days
Before this blasted cold!
Is it too late to head to Fiji for the winter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...